Romantic things to do on Anna Maria Island is easy to do! AMI is a gorgeous 7 mile barrier island with glistening white sandy beaches and emerald green waters. How could you not find romantic things to do? Here are some of the top 5 things to do with your bestie.
1. Watch an Anna Maria Island sunset together! One of the best places to see a sunset on the island is at Bean Point. This beach is on the North end and can be accessed easily by a public access at the end of North Bay Blvd. and North Shore Drive. Here you will find the Bean Point beach access and a small wooden bridge that takes you right on to the beach. Pack a picnic snack with champagne, cheese and crackers and be prepared for the wow factor! All this is free! You will never want to leave trust me!
2. Rent some bicycles or a golf cart at Beach Bums
and tour the the island! Get some ice cream at Two Scoops
and shop at all the cute funky shops on Pine Avenue. Finish the day off with an ice-cold beer and grouper sandwich at the Rod and Reel
3. Charter a boat ride with Captain Kim
and tour around the emerald green island waters! Take a trip out to Egmont Key State Park for the day with a picnic lunch! OR you can ride around and watch the dolphins, take a tour of naked island (LOL), sand bar hop or just take a trip for rest and relaxation. Head out later in the day with a picnic basket and catch the sunset from the boat.
4. Have a romantic evening at one of Anna Maria Islands gulf front restaurants and put your toes in the sand! Make a date at the Sandbar restaurant
and have dinner on the deck and put your toes in the sand and watch the sunset with a bottle of bubbly and enjoy a fresh catch of the day!
5. Create memories with your loved one! YOLO adventures
offers parasailing. Time for a “You only live once” adventure with sightseeing over Cortez and the Bradenton Beach area. Top the day off with a margarita at the Bridge Tender Inn and watch the fishing boats come in for the day.
There are many more Romantic things to do on Anna Maria Island. You can spend a lot of money at a fancy restaurant or you can do a lot of things for free with a good imagination! It’s all up to you on Anna Maria Island!